5 Best Dental Treatment Options To Repair A Chipped Or Broken Tooth
Sometimes, it’s really scary to know that you have a cracked or broken tooth. All of a sudden, this thought can bring a lot of problems and worrying situations in your life. But don’t worry. Your tooth can be repaired easily with good-quality dental treatment and care.
At Ideal Dental Care, it is common to repair our patients’ broken or chipped teeth with extensive services and dental care. With our well-trained and experienced dentist, we can understand your pain and help you overcome your worry with ultimate support.
The treatment for this problem solely depends on the cause of the problem and the intensity of the damage. For this, let’s read the blog below and understand the causes and best dental treatment options to repair a chipped or broken tooth.
Causes of chipped or broken tooth
There are many causes of having a broken or chipped tooth. It can vary from being an accident or may be due to some serious dental problems. Following are some of the most practical reasons for these problems:
- Biting or eating something too hard for your tooth: It is one of the most common causes of a chipped or broken tooth as you can lose a tiny piece of your tooth when biting on something solid that is too hard for your teeth like boiled sweets, fruit stones, ice cubes or bones.
- Teeth grinding (bruxism): Some of the patients who have struggled with the problem of broken or chipped teeth have undergone this situation, usually while sleeping or during some stress or anxiety.
- Injury: Any accident, unwanted circumstances, or injury can result in a chipped or broken tooth. It can also happen if you have a hard hit on your chin or jaw.
- Gum disease: If gum disease or oral problems take control of your mouth, you are in the most dangerous spot to experience bone loss. In this case, the patient is at high risk to root fractures.
5 Best Dental Treatment Options to Repair a Chipped or Broken Tooth
To know the best treatment for your problem, it is recommended to visit your dentist. They may understand the cause of your situation and your medical history and can adequately examine your mouth. After that, you and your dentist can come on the perfect dental treatment option for your tooth. Dental Fillings Dental Fillings are one of the most popular ways to repair chipped, cracked, damaged, discolored, diseased, and gapped teeth. These fillings are adequate for a long time. During this dental treatment procedure, anesthesia is needed for some exceptional cases. The dentist will systematically plan your strategy, make your tooth rough, and apply a conditioning liquid. Then, the bonding element will be applied, molded, and smoothed to your tooth. With the use of ultraviolet light, the tooth will harden the composite. The dentist will give them a shape and polish them to the same contour as the rest of the tooth.
- Veneers Veneers are the outer coverings for your tooth. Most dental clinics use porcelain veneers for their excellent appearance, which gives a realistic view of your mouth. They match the shape and texture of your other teeth and are bonded to the front of the tooth, transforming the tooth’s complete view. With proper dental care and hygiene practices, veneers can last up to 30 years, so it is a great way to keep your tooth fixed for years. You can also have veneers in one or a few teeth. To place these veneers, firstly, your dentist will prepare your tooth by gently removing the tooth structure. Then your dentist will take your teeth’s impressions. Your tooth’s color, size, shape, and shade are decided at this time. The veneers are then made in a lab so that you will wear temporary veneers for a while. In the next visit, the temporary veneers is removed, and the new ones are bonded to your tooth.
- Crowns If your tooth is chipped, cracked including a larger part of the teeth in your jaw while eating or drinking something, then the best option is a dental crown. Crowns are one of the most preferred and trusted restorative treatments. A dental crown is a cap that holds the tooth and makes your smile better. It is a strong covering for your tooth and prevents you from losing it. Our experienced dentists at Ideal Dental Care can help you smile perfectly with a porcelain crown in a minimal dental visit using the CEREC system. It is time-effective, cost-effective, and requires minimal dental clinic visits.
- Root Canal If you have a chipped or broken tooth that has spread into the pulp, the tooth is recommended to be treated with a root canal. The root canal process involves shredding the dead and decayed tooth matter and removing the nerve. Sometime after the root canal, a crown can also be used to protect the tooth from spreading the crack. Followed by Crown on the Root Canal Treated tooth. At Ideal Dental Care, the dentists can perform 100% Painless Root Canal Treatment at minimal discomfort and best results.
- Dental Implant Dental Implants are yet another best way to treat your tooth that is chipped or broken. Dental implants take quickly and strongly take the place of your natural missing teeth and are placed safely in your jaw bone for a lasting fit. If you have to chip off in your tooth that spreads below the gum line, your tooth is likely non-treatable, and you will need a tooth extraction. In this case, patients are recommended to get Dental Implants as their best treatment method to replace their natural teeth.
If you have a chipped or broken tooth, you should immediately understand the cause of your problem by visiting your dentist. They can examine and guide you with the best dental treatment option. It will also help you to avoid further damage and possible infection and save your tooth..