What is laser dentistry ???
Laser dentistry is a minimally invasive option when you’re facing gum surgery, cavity treatment, or other oral issues. Laser surgery is not limited to dentistry, but many people have never heard of laser dentistry before having it done. Dentists use lasers in a variety of procedures involving the inside of the mouth, be it to remove overgrown tissue, to reshape the gums, or to whiten teeth. Sometimes, laser dentistry is ideal for children who become anxious or afraid when having dental work done.
What Laser Dentistry Can Treat ???
Most issues laser dentistry treats are related to the gums. Some of these include:
- Cold sore pain treatments.
- Treating Root Canal Infections.
- Treating Gum Disease.
- Removing Gum Inflammation.
- Gum reshaping
- Tissue Biopsies
- Exposing Wisdom or Other Teeth
- Regenerating Damaged Nerves
- Removing Benign Oral Tumors
Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Dentists choose laser dentistry because of distinct benefits that make the procedures go more smoothly, and also reduce discomfort and healing time for patients.
- Patients are less likely to require sutures
- Anesthesia may not be necessary
- The laser will sterilize the gums, making infection less likely
- Less damage to gums shortens the healing time
- Patients lose less blood than traditional surgery