Stop Hiding Your Smile
Dental implants are an effective way to replace missing teeth. When teeth are lost because of disease or an accident, dental implants remain one of the best options. You may want to choose dental implants if you:
- Hide your smile because you have missing teeth
- wear dentures that are uncomfortable
- Dissatisfied with your removable partial dentures
- want to keep your other teeth intact
Dental implants are made of titanium (a strong, lightweight and bio compatible metal) that is well accepted by the body. Implants are surgically placed into the upper or lower jawbone. They replace the root of one or more missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Implants offer firm support. Dentures, bridges or single teeth attached to the implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth—a very important benefit when eating and speaking.
- This secure fit also helps man-made teeth feel more natural than typical bridges or dentures.
- Implant-supported dentures are more comfortable than dentures that do not use implants.
- Where teeth are missing, dental implants also help keep the jawbone from shrinking.
- Implants can last a lifetime with good care.
What Is Involved in Implant Placement? Many kinds of implants are available. Treatment can take only one day, or it can take several months, or somewhere in between.